Welcome to the .NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn")
The .NET Compiler Platform ("Roslyn") provides open-source C# and Visual Basic compilers with rich code analysis APIs. You can build code analysis tools with the same APIs that Microsoft is using to implement Visual Studio!
Install the Preview
- Just want to provide feedback on potential language and IDE features?
- Try out
Visual Studio "14" CTP 3, which has our latest features built-in.
- You can also try April's
End User Preview, which installs on top of Visual Studio 2013. (note: this VS 2013 preview is no longer updated)
- Want to build code-aware tools that understand C# and Visual Basic?
- Get the SDK Preview. Preview downloads available now for Visual Studio 2013 and the Visual Studio "14" CTP 1.
- Visual Studio "14" CTP 3 versions of the SDK Preview tools are coming soon!
- Get the Visual Studio "14" CTP 3
NuGet Roslyn compiler package (from the NuGet package manager console):
Install-Package Microsoft.CodeAnalysis -Pre
git clone https://git01.codeplex.com/roslyn
Some of the best ways to contribute are to try things out, file bugs, and join in design conversations.
Looking for something to work on? The list of
is a great place to start.