This project is read-only.

Build Errors

Topics: General
Apr 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

I installed the End User Preview, cloned the source code and then followed the directions in the 'Building, Testing, and Debugging' section exactly. Unfortunately, when building the Roslyn.sln from a command line, I get two errors which are breaking it:
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Roslyn.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Roslyn.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Compilers\Core\CodeAnalysisTest\CodeAnalysisTest.csproj" (default target) (2) ->
"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Test\Utilities\TestUtilities.csproj" (default target) (5) ->
"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Compilers\CSharp\Source\CSharpCodeAnalysis.csproj" (default target) (7) ->
(GenerateSyntaxModel target) -> 
  C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Tools\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Toolset.Open\Targets\GenerateCompilerInternals.targets(51,5): error MSB3073: The command ""..\..\..\..\Binaries\Debug\CSharpSyntaxGenerator.exe" Syntax\Syntax.xml obj\Debug\Syntax.xml.Generated.cs" exited with code 3. [C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Compilers\CSharp\Source\CSharpCodeAnalysis.csproj]

"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Roslyn.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Compilers\Core\CodeAnalysisTest\CodeAnalysisTest.csproj" (default target) (2) ->
"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Test\Utilities\TestUtilities.csproj" (default target) (5) ->
"C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Compilers\VisualBasic\Source\BasicCodeAnalysis.vbproj" (default target) (13) ->
  C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Tools\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Toolset.Open\Targets\GenerateCompilerInternals.targets(51,5): error MSB3073: The command ""..\..\..\..\Binaries\Debug\VBSyntaxGenerator.exe" Syntax\Syntax.xml obj\Debug\Syntax.xml.Generated.vb" exited with code 3. [C:\Users\Nate\Source\Repos\roslyn\Src\Compilers\VisualBasic\Source\BasicCodeAnalysis.vbproj]

0 Warning(s)
    2 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:08.84
The entire build log can be found here

Any insight into what I may be overlooking would be appreciated.
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM
As I said on Stack Overflow, can you check if the generator projects are being quarantined by your antivirus software as soon as they are built?
Apr 18, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, I checked that a few days ago and the AV isn’t quarantining (is that a word?) anything. I was going to continue fiddling with it this weekend once I have time. I’ll resubmit any new findings at that time.

Thanks