Roslyn.Services.Editor API's

Topics: APIs, C# Language Design, General
Sep 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I have an existing application that uses the 2012 version of the Roslyn APIs. I finally had some time to upgrade it to use the APIs using ".NET Compiler Platform (Roslyn) Preview for Visual Studio 2013". I have found the Microsoft.CodeAnalysis DLL's and was wonder if there is a updated version of the Roslyn.Services.* DLLs as well.

One specific scenario Is that I am looking for the "CodeIssue" class that was in the Roslyn.Services.Editor.dll. The constructor for this class requires a "Roslyn.Compilers.TextSpan" object but in the Microsoft.CodeAnalysis DLL's this namespaces has changed to "Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Text.TextSpan".
  1. Are there updated versions of the Roslyn.Services.* dlls to go with the newer 2014 SDK?
  2. If not Can I still use the CodeIssue class in another way?
Developer
Sep 22, 2014 at 7:16 PM
There have been a LOT of changes. The CodeIssue API has been replaced with the Diagnostics API. You can take a look at some of the example diagnostics at source.roslyn.codeplex.com.
Sep 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM
jmarolf, Thanks. How can I get a listing of all example code for Roslyn? I assume there are a few more examples that probably are similar to the original Roslyn sample code. The link you supplied works great but I don't see a way to navigate to the examples from the main Roslyn Source page nor the main Roslyn home page.

Also, are you aware of any release notes explaining old vs new API's?

I'll take a look at the sample you provided and start my refactoring in the mean time :)
Developer
Sep 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM
You can take a look at Src\Samples\Sample.sln for a list of all the samples. Some of these were in the previous documentation so you should be able to see some of what's changed. Unfortunately I can't find anything that would explain what's changed in detail. The diagnostics API has been through at least four revisions and we're working the final one now. If you run into something that doesn't make sense, please post a question here.