state of code issues and actions?

Topics: APIs, General
Aug 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Is roslyn to a state where I can install it in the regular vs2013 hive, or do I still need (or it is recommend) to only startup in /experimental?
Aug 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I'm using the Roslyn on my regular VS2013. We are developing a code quality plugin that will be used on every visual studio that has the roslyn preview installed in our office. So far I've not experienced any performance issue nor any compilation issues.
Coordinator
Aug 28, 2014 at 12:05 AM
The VS 2013 End User Preview and SDK Preview of Roslyn were snapshots we made for the BUILD conference before we moved the codebase forward to target Visual Studio "14". Since then, we haven't shipped any updates to the End User Preview (since the features are now built into VS "14"), and our NuGet releases and SDK templates each target a specific CTP of VS "14".

The first supported release version of Roslyn will be the one that ships as part of Visual Studio "14" RTM. Your best bet for now is to install VS "14" CTP 3 side-by-side with VS 2013 or try it out in an Azure VM - you can find the updated instructions on the home page.
Marked as answer by ImaginaryDev on 11/6/2014 at 10:40 AM