This project is read-only.

Using multiple analyzers/rules in Roslyn

Topics: C# Language Design
Nov 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM
I have done a lot of searching around before asking this question. I am new to developing diagnostic tools and code fixes using Roslyn. I am currently using the Visual Studio 2014 CTP.

I have been able to successfully create my first code fix tool. However, when I create another tool in a new solution, it still shows up the Description and fixes for the old diagnostic tool.

Can anyone please explain to me what I am doing wrong? I am rebuilding the solution before I test it out, and as far as I am aware, I am keeping both solutions completely separated. Or can anyone tell me how I can use multiple rules in one solution?
Nov 17, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Can you elaborate a bit more on this?

For starters there isn't (and never was) a Visual Studio 2014. Are you using the latest preview released on the Connect); event?
Nov 17, 2014 at 3:05 PM
PauloMorgado wrote:

For starters there isn't (and never was) a Visual Studio 2014. Are you using the latest preview released on the Connect); event?
Hi Paulo,

Yes. I am using the CTP as stated. The Community Technical Preview.
Nov 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM
waseemakhtar wrote:
PauloMorgado wrote:

Hi Paulo,

Yes. I am using the CTP as stated. The Community Technical Preview.
You mean the Preview (http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-downloads-vs)?
Nov 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Nov 17, 2014 at 3:31 PM
waseemakhtar wrote:
The .iso from this link:

http://www.neowin.net/news/download-visual-studio-ctp-4
Don't use that one. Use the one from the link I provided.

If you're feeling brave like I did, you can install it over the one you have. At your own risk, of course, but I haven't had any special problems because of that.