This project is read-only.

Can't build samples

Topics: General
Jan 7, 2015 at 7:33 PM
I just installed VS 2015 Preview along with the Roslyn stuff as instructed on the home page.
I then downloaded the samples and opened the sample's solution in VS2015
There are a bunch of missing references:
Microsoft.CodeAnalysis
Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp
Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Desktop
Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.VisualBasic
Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Workspaces
Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Workspaces.Desktop

I tried going to the package manager installed to get the Roslyn stuff "install-package Microsoft.CodeAnalysis -Pre" it barfs with:
install-package : Updating 'System.Collections.Immutable 1.1.33-beta' to 'System.Collections.Immutable 1.1.32-beta' failed. Unable to find a version of 'System.Reflection.Metadata' that is compatible with 'System.Collections.Immutable 1.1.32-beta'.

So: what have I messed up and is there a solution? I'd really like to play with this stuff.
Jan 8, 2015 at 3:33 AM
Hey Jake,

I have been taking a look at this. I suspect you are not using the branch releases\Dev14Preview. The master branch has dependences on the next preview release and so will not compile with the current release of VS 2015 Preview. That would explain the missing Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.* dependencies, also master has a dependency on 1.1.33-beta of System.Immutable.Collections whereas releases/Dev14Preview has a dependency on an earlier version.

This is what worked for me:

Notes:
  • I cloned roslyn into the directory roslyn
  • /p:DeployExtension=false is due to some configuration issue on my machine when the fxcoprules package is not installed correctly.
cd roslyn\src
git checkout releases/Dev14Preview
msbuild roslyn.sln /p:DeployExtension=false
cd samples
msbuild samples.sln
That built with no errors, let me know if you are still having issues.

And thanks for taking a looking at this.

Kevin
Jan 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM
Thanks Kevin,

I made a half hearted attempt and it didn't work. I notice that Roslyn is moving to Git so I'll give it a few days and try again after the migration. Hopefully things will be more 'production' ready after the move.