This project is read-only.

To preview or not to preview

Topics: General
Jun 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM
I've known this was coming circa VS2015, but then I heard some rumblings that possibly this was also available as an extension for VS2013. Then I heard some other rumblings still that this was possibly "released". Is that true? Can anyone clarify that for me? I'm diving into a couple of OSS areas and finding that folks have already "adopted" it, which is non-trivial IMO, at this "early", formative stage. Thank you...
Jun 15, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Jun 17, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Re: moving to github, I get that. What I am not so clear on is the level of support for VS2013. I've learned from one other, fairly dependable source, that perhaps support was retracted, and focus is solely on VS2015. Which IMO would be mildly troubling to say the least, to not support at least 1-2 previous generations of IDE. Moreover, the VS2015 RC behaves in ways that lead me to wonder whether the whole IDE wasn't ripped apart and glued back together. Which given some of the wholesale changes to underlying compilers and such, it isn't completely surprising, but at what cost. I'm not sure that's been fully estimated yet.
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM
As far as I know, it was never really supported on VS2013.

Nevertheless, this here is pretty much dead and the whole team is on the GitHub repo I mentioned.