This project is read-only.

Discussions under VB Language Design

Please see the language topics for design notes and discussion on potential new features, the APIs topic for questions and discussion on all API layers, and the General topic for all else.  As the need arises over time, coordinators can create new topics.

See the Questions, Comments, and Feedback page to see where the team discusses features, how to file bugs, etc.

Changes to the language feature set

first post: madst wrote: Hi all, As we enter the final stage in our long quest to renew th...

latest post: Halo_Four wrote: Just to note, Roslyn has been moved to GitHub and all conversations...

Expand Caller Info Attributes

first post: Halo_Four wrote: The current batch of caller info attributes supported in C# 5.0 and...

latest post: Halo_Four wrote: Note that all discussions have moved over to Github. I reposted th...

String Interpolation for C# (v2)

first post: nmgafter wrote: String Interpolation for C# (v2) An interpolated string is a way to...

latest post: nmgafter wrote: We are no longer using codeplex for Roslyn. Please take the discuss...

answered by: nmgafter wrote: This draft reflects some proposed changes. __It is not yet the cons...

string interpolation: proposed design changes

first post: nmgafter wrote: String Interpolation for C# An interpolated string is a way to cons...

latest post: nmgafter wrote: The Roslyn team no longer uses this site. Your comments are most we...

answered by: nmgafter wrote: String Interpolation for C# An interpolated string is a way to cons...

F# Type Providers in C#?

first post: Ncage1974 wrote: I've always yearned for type providers in c#/vb.net since they were...

latest post: nmgafter wrote: The Roslyn team no longer uses this site. Your comments are most we...

Fix opcodes from vb compiler when initialize an array and function local variant, jump invoke and delegate invoke.

first post: richter03 wrote: Hi guys, I want to point out some flaw opcodes that vb compiler cr...

latest post: richter03 wrote: Thank you, nmgafter; I'm create an issue at https://github.com/dotn...

Enum and Delegate as Generic Type Constraints Proposal

first post: Halo_Four wrote: Enum and Delegate Generic Type Constraints Proposal I'm going to tr...

latest post: paulhickman wrote: I just encountered a real world use case: My generic class uses th...

String Interpolation: Will interpolation with pluralization be handled?

first post: jgill wrote: It was pointed out to me that C# 6.0 is headed towards using an int...

latest post: Halo_Four wrote: **lwischik wrote:** > I think that the resource editor (.resx files...

New language features in VB14

first post: lwischik wrote: New Language Features in Visual Basic 14 Lucian Wischik and Anthony...

latest post: johnmoreno wrote: **Halo_Four wrote:** > I would expect #today# or #now# to refer to ...

VB 14 and Xamarin Mobile Cross Platform Development

first post: NetRebel wrote: From the .Net Future summary http://www.microsoft.com/net/netfutu...