Discussions under General

Please see the language topics for design notes and discussion on potential new features, the APIs topic for questions and discussion on all API layers, and the General topic for all else.  As the need arises over time, coordinators can create new topics.

See the Questions, Comments, and Feedback page to see where the team discusses features, how to file bugs, etc.

Roslyn, the DLR and DSLs

first post: alanbourke wrote: Hi I understand how the .NET Compiler Platform affects analysis t...

latest post: emiliosantos wrote: Alan, Yikes! I moved the files to another project (Excess.Extensio...

Declarative Roslyn and Metaprogramming

first post: emiliosantos wrote: Hey guys, I thought I'd share my work on metaprogramming using Ro...

latest post: emiliosantos wrote: **Knat wrote:** > I think you may do a real-world metaprogramming e...

Enable .ast Files via Roslyn in Visual Studio

first post: MichaelDBang wrote: Hello Community, I just proposed a new idea for Visual Studio bas...

SemanticModel Problems -- Syntax node is not within syntax tree

first post: bburg89 wrote: I have a problem with SemanticModel while trying to use their GetSy...

latest post: jmarolf wrote: ParseFile is there for when you don't need anything other than synt...

generate reference to symbol

first post: tsadigov wrote: I am working on a refactoring. It generates a new class and I want ...

is the compiler portable

first post: mutasim wrote: I was wondering that if the compiler portable , as this compiler do...

Single vsix for both VB and C# Diagnostic Analysis

first post: jerriclynsjohn wrote: I wanted to know if it is possible to have both C# and VB rules be ...

latest post: sazim wrote: My reuirement is there will be several Refactoring DLLs (created w...

answered by: srivatsn wrote: > Does this mean that the compiler is loaded into the memory only o...

MetadataFileReference and Assembly not found in VS2015

first post: bburg89 wrote: I was trying to migrate several of my projects from VS2013 to VS201...

latest post: jmarolf wrote: I assume you are running is inside of a portable class library? In...

answered by: jmarolf wrote: we added factories to MetadataReference instead of having you creat...

Can't build samples

first post: jakewatkins wrote: I just installed VS 2015 Preview along with the Roslyn stuff as ins...

latest post: jakewatkins wrote: Thanks Kevin, I made a half hearted attempt and it didn't work. I...

Are the pdb files for Roslyn dlls available somewhere?

first post: sruppr wrote: Nuget will not install the pdb files for the dlls, the microsoft sy...

latest post: DavidKarlas wrote: I will open issue on Github ;)