Discussions under General

Please see the language topics for design notes and discussion on potential new features, the APIs topic for questions and discussion on all API layers, and the General topic for all else.  As the need arises over time, coordinators can create new topics.

See the Questions, Comments, and Feedback page to see where the team discusses features, how to file bugs, etc.

Web API 2 Project - Godaddy Hosting, Roslyn CSC.exe group policy error

first post: MetanoiaSherman wrote: Hi there, I have recently just upgrade Visual Studio to 2015. I am ...

latest post: shmao wrote: MetanoiaSherman, the issue might be due to the fact that the VS 201...

To preview or not to preview

first post: mwpowellhtx wrote: I've known this was coming circa VS2015, but then I heard some rumb...

latest post: PauloMorgado wrote: As far as I know, it was never really supported on VS2013. Neverth...

Roslyn's performance

first post: xeno_by wrote: Hi everyone! From discussions here, it can be clearly seen that ...

latest post: robinsedlaczek wrote: Hi together! I wrote down all the knowledge I've collected regardi...

answered by: VSadov wrote: == Weak red subtrees. An interesting thing to note about red nodes...

Performance Unit Test for Solution Refactorings

first post: robinsedlaczek wrote: Hi together! Matt Gertz wrote together some interesting aspects m...

latest post: PauloMorgado wrote: "Roslyn" discussions moved to https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn/issues/

Compiling a string during runtime

first post: KirkBrackebusch wrote: I am looking for a way to dynamically add code at runtime. An exam...

latest post: PauloMorgado wrote: Discussions have moved to9 https://github.com/roslyn

reset debug enviroinment

first post: eriklieben wrote: Hi, Is there soms way to reset the debug environment? I kinda brok...

latest post: Wyco wrote: Hi there, Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but accordin...

Roslyn, the DLR and DSLs

first post: alanbourke wrote: Hi I understand how the .NET Compiler Platform affects analysis t...

latest post: emiliosantos wrote: Alan, Yikes! I moved the files to another project (Excess.Extensio...

Declarative Roslyn and Metaprogramming

first post: emiliosantos wrote: Hey guys, I thought I'd share my work on metaprogramming using Ro...

latest post: emiliosantos wrote: **Knat wrote:** > I think you may do a real-world metaprogramming e...

Enable .ast Files via Roslyn in Visual Studio

first post: MichaelDBang wrote: Hello Community, I just proposed a new idea for Visual Studio bas...

SemanticModel Problems -- Syntax node is not within syntax tree

first post: bburg89 wrote: I have a problem with SemanticModel while trying to use their GetSy...

latest post: jmarolf wrote: ParseFile is there for when you don't need anything other than synt...